It has been five months since my last post. I’ve certainly missed writing things down. It’s somehow therapeutic and leaves me feeling like I’ve lifted a burden off my shoulders. It’s sometimes confusing when you have so many thoughts rolling around in your head; that its nice to just lay them out sometimes.
My life could not be more different right now that it was two months ago. I have been hired by an amazing company (using my degree!). I have moved back into my parents home (supposedly temporarily), and my momma has been diagnosed with breast cancer.
The day of my last shift at my former job, November 21, Mom called and told me her news. She has been SO CALM throughout this whole event. In her sweet and always unselfish way, she told me that she felt so bad to have to give me negative news in light of such positive events happening in my life right now. Throughout this whole ordeal, I couldn’t help but think, this really stinks. She’s a really wonderful lady, and she’s an amazing momma and wife. It’s just not fair that she has to deal with this frustration.
Everything is progressing, however. The doctors caught it very early and it is very small. We are hopeful in the coming weeks that with some radiation and lots of prayer, she’ll be as good as new.
In the meantime, adjusting to life with everyone being under the same roof again has been interesting. For starters, boxes are still EVERYWHERE. I’m tripping over them and I just can’t seem to find enough room to store everything. I was going to take a picture of the box madness and insert it, but honestly, it’s just too embarrassing at this point. Lots of positives however:
1. My daddy has gotten up and fixed my breakfast almost every morning for me to drive the hour to work.
2. A hot supper is waiting on me after I have driven the hour back home from work.
3. Puddin’, our lovable collie, greets me as I walk in the door with a big smile and a hand/paw shake…except in the mornings when I leave at 7 am, and then she’s curled up snoozing in her crate with no interest in playing or even saying hello.
4. Laughing and cutting up with my family is definitely something that I’m enjoying.
5. I love my new job and the people with whom I work are amazing.
So, there’s my little life update. If you see me in person, a hug would be wonderful. If you’re a praying person, I would so very much love a prayer for healing, wisdom, and guidance for my family. If you’re not a praying person, would you do it just this once for me? 😉 Have a wonderful start to your week tomorrow! Xxxx!